Price list

  • email me: candace@simplewishstudio.com

Thursday, July 17, 2008

What Makes a Good Logo

The musts of a good logo:

Must be memorable
Must work as 1 color
Must be scale able... think big... think bigger! ( Needs to be a VECTOR file)
Must be timeless (A humorous or whimsical logo can only go so far.... think 10-20 years down the road, not current trends)
and most important, it must describe, if the logo doesn't represent the company then it is not effective.

Logos that are superb:
Apple
Nike
McDonalds
Volkswagen
Coca-Cola

They all represent something and they are all timeless and they all have something to remember them by... either by an object or a uniquely made font.


I know that everyone has different tastes and some people like to change their logo from time to time. My suggestion: Do it once and do it right! Let your work represent your whimsical-self and let your logo represent the professional you are.


Need a logo? Contact me and let me create your professional side!

No comments:

About The Artist

Professional Graphic Designer. Photographer. Wife. Soon to be Mother!!!

I have been a creative person since I can remember. Growing up, I have always enjoyed drawing, painting, and snapping pictures of all my family and friends. I was told I was snap happy!

I earned a degree in graphic design, which I have been doing professionally for more than 5 years.